Why Work for Multifamily Utility Company?
Multifamily Utility Company provides opportunities for individuals committed to career development and growth. We are growing and interested in attracting persons who are serious about professional development and are looking for opportunities to grow their careers! We have been on the Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Company List for six straight years.
Multifamily Utility Company is an Employer of Choice for:
- Robust benefits package
- Unparalleled workforce
- Strong values-based culture
- Work that makes an impact
- Strong, sustained business performance
Multifamily Utility Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Account Specialist II
The Account Specialist III will be actively involved in in all assigned Customer Accounts and provide outstanding Customer Service to MUC Customers. The Account Specialist III will oversee the coordination of new client setups on our utility billing platform. In this capacity they will be familiar in the utility billing platform functionality, technology and customer portal. The Account Specialist III’s primary role is to provide client support and serve as the client’s liaison to Multifamily Utility Company to achieve its vision and strategic objectives, with our largest clients as a priority.
Duties of the Account Specialist
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel on assigned customer accounts.
• Respond via email or telephone within 24 business hours to all external and internal client inquiries.
• Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
• Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
• Manage the post – implementation and ongoing workflow.
• Assist in developing and customizing client training materials as needed.
• Ensuring new clients added to their portfolio are setup and trained as quickly as possible.
• Maintain outstanding client relationships through timely and informative communication and follow-through.
• Conduct regular follow–ups with customers to improve the quality of center service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Client Information and Awareness
Responsible for understanding the Client’s organization & structure, knowing the Client’s product/services and staying aware of Client news and changes.
- Maintain and update Client record with changes.
- Continuously monitor client portfolio to ensure recovery maximization.
Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management. resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Establishes and promotes goodwill with customers. Reviews client history and contacts customer as a follow-up activity.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Helps resolve escalated resident issues with customer.
- Must be flexible with consistent change and continual process improvement.
- Will be required to meet the departmental goals of timeliness and accuracy to maintain company standards.
- Emphasis on exceptional client and customer relationships.
- Must be available long-term (at least one full year) due to client relationships.
- Work both individually and in a team environment to complete objectives within the department and the organization.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are complied with.
Competencies / Skills
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office.
• Strong problem solving and trouble–shooting skills.
• Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Highly–organized and detail–oriented.
• Able to multi–task and work effectively under pressure in both team setting and individually.
• Able to work both individually and in a team environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and office furniture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Long period of sitting, working indoors on a computer for the entire shift.
• Intermittent lifting of 25 lbs. (office supplies).
Expected Hours of Work
Generally, Monday–Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. However, additional days and hours may be necessary to accomplish all that is required in your role.
Education and Experience
B.S. degree preferred
5 years of account management, similar work-related experience preferred, or 1 year of experience as MUC Account Specialist I
Must have good driving record
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position pays $20 to $25 per hour.
Open Positions (Click to View)
Customer Service Representative
Location: San Diego, CA
The Customer Service Representative is comfortable with extensive telephone work with both inbound/outbound call routing and data entry in a structured call center. The ideal candidate will have prior customer service and call center experience,
Duties of the Customer Service Representative
- Answer inbound customer calls and respond promptly to customer emails and tickets
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Perform customer verification and record details of actions taken
- Process payments, forms, applications, and requests
- Maintain customer databases and follow up on customer interactions
- Organize workflow to meet department timeframes
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Meet the departmental goals of timeliness and accuracy to maintain company standards
- Evaluate the
effectivenessof and provide feedback on the efficiency of the payment processing
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-2 years of Customer Service Experience Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Utility Billing work experience is a plus
- Strong problem solving and
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Able to multi-task and work effectively under pressure in both team setting and individually
- Able to work both individually and in a team environment
This position pays $15 to $16 per hour.
Regional Sales Manager – Multifamily Submetering / Utility Billing
Location: NE, Texas, Chicago, Southwest, Florida, Midwest, South, Northern States
Multifamily Utility Company, a San Diego-based Utility Billing and Submetering Company, has exciting job openings for Regional Sales Managers. We specialize in metering and utility allocation for apartments, condominiums, commercial buildings, new construction, student housing, military housing, and mobile home communities
- Fast-growing utility billing company with nationwide reach, offices in San Diego, Atlanta, and Oahu
- We are proud to have 99% customer satisfaction
- Inc 5000 Fastest Growing List
- Privately held and run by well-respected founder
- Comprehensive benefits structure
Learn more at www.multifamilyutility.com
- Uncapped commission structure
- Industry competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits structure
- Large territories
- Outstanding career growth
- Access to current industry databases
- Warm leads provided
- We attend most regional and national trade shows
- Team-oriented culture
- Privately held and run by Founder
Does this describe you?
- Track record of sales success in the multifamily industry
- Consultative salesperson who listens and solves problems
- Superior communications skills-written and oral
- Comfortable presenting technical and financial solutions
- Strong network of multifamily executives
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
- Bonus: You are a current or recent member of industry associations
- Travel requirements 60%
- Adept at CRM use
- Microsoft Suite competency
- Comfortable working from home office
Typical duties for this position would include:
- Identifying and qualifying new account opportunities through professional, dedicated prospecting and cold-calling
- Represent company at trade shows and regional or national associations
- Expanding existing client base in the market
- Support potential customer inquiries, needs and concerns
- Train customers and other personnel in the company’s products, and services
- Meet sales objectives and supply monthly/quarterly forecasting
- Presenting company professionally at local, regional, and national conferences and trade shows.
In addition to guidance and mentorship from experienced professionals and advisors, employees also receive competitive benefits including an optional medical/dental plan and a 401(K) plan.
Multifamily Utility Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
P.O. Box 86531
San Diego, CA 92138-6531
Email | (800) 266-0968
P.O. Box 86229
San Diego, CA 92138-6229
Account Managers work directly with the property to assist with billing and training.
Email | (800) 266-0968